Wednesday, December 13, 2006

What a drag!

I lost a fortune yesterday on the equities market.

By "equities market" I mean online poker.

By fortune I mean $25.

Probably I am a' gonna retool this blog. If you are a reader with a blog and want me to link to you, leave a comment anonymously saying "Have you read blog X? It is much better than your blog." Some blogs are ****in' cut. eddiegillis.blogspot.com is gone since he hasn't updated in about a year. Some other people are gone since they graduated. cjsimo, you are safe for the time being - but there will be no more vacations to Europe or you are gone. Nick, you are on the bubble due to infrequent updates, but not cut yet. Poker guy is cut. I am fairly ruthless.

I broke the Commonwealth of Massachusetts land speed record today on my skateboard.

Just kidding - skateboards are lame and strictly for snot-nosed adolescents and man-children who refuse to accept how old they are.

6 Comments:

Blogger C said...

i might go on vacation again next year...i can't help it if i want to travel

i was actually thinking of skate boarding again...but now maybe not

$25 US is a lot in canada...are you going to be ok for rent?

12/14/2006 4:04 AM  
Blogger Mr. Apple said...

Dear ARD,

Thanks for your concern. I will be fine. I am independently wealthy because of intelligent investment decisions I made when I was 9 years old.

On an unrelated note....I would strongly advise against taking up skate-boards. They are unsafe and stupid. Sometimes college-aged men in funny clothing practice their skate-board tricks outside my work building and also outside the Whitehead institute across the street. They are polite and everything, but still I have to laugh at them.

Why is it so funny to watch grown men recording endless hours of video of themselves tripping and falling and screwing up, in the vain hope that they'll somehow capture the one in a million event where they actually land a trick? I wish I could explain it.

I imagine these guys at home afterwards fast-forwarding through hours of mistakes and then watching 4 seconds of video on a loop while they high five and drink Mountain Dew.

Get a job skate-board riding hooligans!

12/14/2006 9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Apple,

You are truly an inspiration. Thank you for your words of motivation, I could not have not it without your threats.

12/14/2006 4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, Cristina, I agree. no to skateboarding. You should take up something more refined, like skeet shooting.

12/14/2006 4:23 PM  
Blogger C said...

well i do like cross country skiing, and i have shot a weapon in the military...hmmm it should be second nature

12/14/2006 5:47 PM  
Blogger Mr. Apple said...

Dear Nick,

Q: What is a better motivator, the stick or the carrot?
A: The stick.

I am a world-class management guru.

12/14/2006 8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home