Tuesday, November 22, 2005

off to the great white north

Well, my trip to North Carolina was quite nice. The Riverdance show was wonderful, and it was quite something to see Alexis on stage in front of 2000 odd people so relaxed and natural and smiling. I had a chance to meet several of the cast members after the show and they were all very nice people and super friendly etc.... I talked to the lead male dancer for about 15 minutes in the bar and then when he left I turned to Alexis and asked "who was that?" and she looked at me like I had 2 heads. People look so different on stage. Mostly they look much bigger than they actually are.

Anyway, it's American Thanksgiving this weekend and I have Thursday and Friday off so I am flying to Ottawa for 4 days. Tomorrow I will hopefully clear a few items off of my to-do list and then be able to enjoy the bulk of my weekend. The one thing I will have to do is grade homework for the class I TA, but that is low pressure and not really work but only a grind and like mowing a lawn or digging a hole.....

Before I sign off I will post a link to a song that I have been listening to a lot lately. It is by Wolf Parade (a band from Montreal) and the song is called Shine a light.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this song.
Tex (abbreviated form of T-Rex)

11/23/2005 5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Apple all my friends think you're soooooo handsome!!!! (giggle)

11/24/2005 3:44 PM  
Blogger Mr. Apple said...

Dear college girl,

The pictures I posted are deceiving....I am even more hideous in person. Please tell your friends that I am flattered, but that Tom Cruise or Justin Timberlake might be a more appropriate focal point for teenage longing. I know they have got me through many lonely nights.

12/02/2005 5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home