Saturday, April 01, 2006

Anonymous posters are ruining my blog

At 4:30am this morning a great, wise, and anonymous internet sage typed, "You'd probably be suprised how far a polite apology can go sometimes." Thank you, anonymous wise-one, for your advice. Rest assured I have filed it where I put all the anonymous advice I receive online.

Somehow a completely innocuous and affectionate comment I made about a kid I really like has turned into a gigantic mess with a bunch of Victorian attack dogs ripping me a new one on my own blog. Let's get this straight: this blog is for me to pick on other people, not for you to come and pick on me by saying I am insensitive or stupid or that I have a big ego. Say that shit over coffee or on your own blog, if you must. The venom in some of these posts is really kind of crazy. Ca-ha-ha-razy. Take your vendettas and baggage somewhere else. We here at Apples Over America will never let this, our flagship publication, be hijacked by the invading hun.

Yours,
Sir Winston K. Apple

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah Monsieur Pomme,

Thank-you for restoring order to AOA. The silent majority can rest at ease now.

4/01/2006 11:54 AM  
Blogger Reese said...

I had no idea that post was going to be a big deal. Of course you deleted my comment, but it did happen to contain the name of a certain someone, so I know it wasn't removed because you hate me. Unless you really do hate me. Do you really? You want to go to a birthday party with me in Central Sq tonight? It might be a good time.

4/01/2006 2:04 PM  
Blogger Mr. Apple said...

Of course I don't hate you Reese! I deleted your post for the exact reason you suspected....anyway, thanks for the invite and I would go any night but tonight...but I have family coming into town (let's call them E., J., E., C., D., and J.) and we're getting together for dinner etc.

4/01/2006 2:11 PM  
Blogger Psycgirl said...

I think Sir John A should have gone here instead of Winston C.

4/01/2006 9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home