Saturday, March 25, 2006

Everyone travels in March

What a rough day. Tomorrow I have to go down to Hyannis on Cape Cod for an academic retreat (i.e. a nerd drunkfest) and I am trying to get a research poster ready. I did a whole bunch of work the past two weeks trying to have some sweet results ready to present. I will spare you the boring details, but suffice to say my fantastic idea didn't work very well and now I am putting together a "future work" poster. This is kind of like a musician releasing a spoken-word CD of him talking about how awesome the songs on his next CD are going to be.

Also, I had an hour-long conversation with my ex-girlfriend's 7-year-old son in Victoria. I guess he was wondering where I've been, so I called him. Since this week is spring break, I would be flying out west to see him and his mom had circumstances been different. It was nice to talk to him, but sad. I can't believe he is 7. His voice is deeper than mine now. He is flying to Ottawa on Tuesday with his grandmother. Have a safe flight Lance Armstrong, and good luck with the candy smuggling operation.

6 Comments:

Blogger Reese said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3/25/2006 8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3/30/2006 11:52 PM  
Blogger Mr. Apple said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3/31/2006 12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You really don't see any difference between you choosing, as an adult, to shed your anonymity, and you broadcasting on the internet my kid's name, age, the city he lives in and the city to which he is travelling?

3/31/2006 2:54 PM  
Blogger katie's brain said...

Posting any child's name, and the city he or she lives in is the height of stupidity and insensitivity. Say whatever you want about yourself but when you're posting about other people in your life without their explicit permission, you don't really have a leg to stand on. Do what every other intelligent person does and use initials and fake names if you really must post all of your personal problems for the world to see. I stumbled upon this blog a few days ago and tipped Ms. Calamity Jane off to its existance when it became clear that the information here was specific enough for me to recognize who was being discussed. No one was hunting for you, so sorry if that puts a dent in your obviously inflated ego. You can be as angry as you like at CJ, but if I were you, I'd remove any details about her son and the city they live in that you've posted on this blog. It doesn't make you seem like a good guy or a sympathetic guy that you did the right "stand up guy" thing by calling him--that's something you should have done months ago. Grow up.

3/31/2006 5:54 PM  
Blogger Mr. Apple said...

(2 comments deleted to protect the innocent)

3/31/2006 7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home