Monday, October 30, 2006

It's a squeaker!

Wow! The latest numbers are in, and boy is it a squeaker! The nays have it so far by 1 vote to 0, but at this juncture it is far too close to call. We have volunteers manning my internet conducting exit polls. One voter, when asked how he voted, replied "I voted Nay because I like my hair and don't want to cut it."

Turnout is low so far, but representatives of both sides in the campaign say they expect things to pick up later this evening, with continued momentum building tomorrow. An opinion poll conducted earlier today by Angus Reid would seem to indicate that this optimism is misplaced, as voter apathy is at an all-time high. When internet users were asked their take on the issue, 62% called it "a particularly distasteful and pitiful example of self-indulgent blogging onanism", and 28% responded "Mr. who?"

Polls close tomorrow at 5pm.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea

10/31/2006 7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been on vacation sorry, I vote Yea also.

10/31/2006 2:00 PM  
Blogger Mr. Apple said...

Oh man!!!! This one's going down to the wire. Polls close in 1 hour! OMFG! LOL! ROTFLMAO!!!!! IAAFL!!!

10/31/2006 4:07 PM  
Blogger telltale tabby said...

Nay!

- tt

10/31/2006 4:30 PM  
Blogger Mr. Apple said...

god bless you tabby.

10/31/2006 4:48 PM  
Blogger Mr. Apple said...

It's absolute chaos here. This is absolutely unprecedented, but we have an exact tie. The votes have been counted and recounted, but we get the same result every time.

My feeling is that a tie means the status quo wins. I can't wait to tell Hitch! He was worried about me stealing his look.

10/31/2006 9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home