Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Shin Splint

I have problem with shin splints on my left leg. Weird that it would be the left leg only.....I am wondering if it has something to do with the fact that in the winter I run on a treadmill and not outside. I rested it over the entire Christmas break and it healed up, but now that I am running again I can feel it starting to re-develop. I will try cutting back from 6 to 5 days/week and see if that helps. I may also force myself to run outside.....

If anyone has some tips on avoiding shin splints please comment......

2 Comments:

Blogger telltale tabby said...

Apple,

Shin splints are a big hassle. Avoid running on inclines if at all possible. They are very agravating for shin splints. With this in mind, you might be better off running on the controlled flatness of a treadmill.

good luck,
T

1/26/2007 11:29 AM  
Blogger Mr. Apple said...

Thanks for the free medical advice. I have stopped using the incline on the treadmill as per your instructions. I often ran at inclines as high as 10%, so maybe this was the problem? Haven't had any pain recently!

1/27/2007 5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home