Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Crap....I almost forgot.

Take Germany today. They're missing Torsten Frings (best name ever), but they'll still win. I would like to say, though, that I actually like this Italian team. In the past I have rooted against Italy for reasons similar to those that have me rooting against Portugal this tournament. However, this Italian team is better in that regard and have some great players - if they win I won't be upset.

Tomorrow it will be France over the dirty, cheating, simulating Portuguese team. If there is any justice in the world the French will win. Please God let them win.

please.


I want:
1. Cristiano Ronaldo to cry when they lose
2. Cristiano Ronaldo to get fouled repeatedly
3. Cristiano Ronaldo to get red-carded after retaliating for a foul
4. Figo to get red carded for simulation
5. Deco to get red carded for something he didn't do
6. Scolari to kick all their asses after they lose the game
7. Zidane to look bad-ass after France wins (no smiling or celebration)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So then, I guess you're not disappointed right now, huh Mr. Apple? good thing I hate gambling.

You don't understand the joy surging through me. We Italians know the suffering and the blessing/curse of being born into Italian fandom. But, finally, FINALLY, these boys are starting to make me a believer again.

7/04/2006 6:43 PM  
Blogger Mr. Apple said...

I am not upset at all. Italy played a fantastic game and it would have been an injustice for the Germans to go through. It would have been even worse for them to go through on penalties.

Up next - a rematch of Euro 2000. Gird yourself for more suffering Nick.

7/04/2006 6:49 PM  
Blogger telltale tabby said...

Frings' last name is almost as good as 'Crouch' on the English team, who was like 8 feet tall. I bet he's spent his whole life crouching. I love that sort of thing.

7/05/2006 1:54 PM  
Blogger Mr. Apple said...

Crouch is good for sure...but Torsten Frings gets my vote because it sounds like a snack by Frito-Lay.

7/05/2006 11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home