Friday, June 30, 2006

Ze Germans

Wow. That was an exciting game. The bookmakers had Argentina as the favourites in this one. But your favourite football expert (me) told you that Germany were very strong and they would win in a squeaker. Who to believe? Public and expert opinion aggregated in a global betting market, which has been proven time and time again to be the most reliable indicator of the outcome of a sporting event? Or me?

If you were smart, you went with me.....and of course, yet again, I was right. "Germany will win in a squeaker." That's what I said, and that's what happened with ze Germans putting the Argentinians out of their misery on penalties. Up next, Italy vs. Ukraine. The game doesn't start for another 40 minutes so you still have time to go put money on Italy.

2 Comments:

Blogger C said...

We both know that Argentina were the better team. It's hard to beat the host nation...history has proven so.

6/30/2006 2:41 PM  
Blogger Mr. Apple said...

Hmmm....honestly I disagree with you. I thought Germany were the slightly better team today. They definitely created more chances in the first 90 minutes. Argentina was a bit better during extra time, but by that point Michael Ballack could barely walk. There was very little to choose between these teams. I do agree that it is difficult to knock off the host.

6/30/2006 2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home