Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Skids say "It's worth it"

The biggest skid phrase is "it's worth it."

You can hear skids say this when they are ordering a burrito and they ask for guacamole or extra meat and the guy behind the counter warns them, "it costs $0.75 more" and instead of saying "that's fine", they reply "it's worth it". Why is this such a skid thing to say? It's hard to put my finger on it, but it truly is something that only comes out of the mouth of a Grade A skid.

I think it might be the tone of professorial condescension that it's usually said with (i.e. "of course I want extra meat for $0.75 you fool, because the careful cost-benefit analysis that I've performed plainly shows that it is worth it"). Or maybe it's the undercurrent of skid defensiveness....(i.e. "yes, I know that the meat will cost me more, but I want you to know that you're not ripping me off - I'm too smart for that - I'm only ordering it because it is worth it"). Whatever the reason, if you ever find yourself telling someone that a purchase you've just made was worth it, you are a huge skid.

That is all.

3 Comments:

Blogger C said...

Dude, why do you hate Portugal?

I think Italy is going to win the whole thing.

7/07/2006 9:15 AM  
Blogger Mr. Apple said...

Yes, Italy should win. It should be an excellent game.

7/07/2006 9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Italy won't be winning shit!

7/07/2006 10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home