Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me

A quick post.....

Today is my birthday! How did I spend it? I woke up at noon and, feeling overwhelmed and anxious, tried in vain to fall back to sleep. I finally crawled out of the sack at around 12:45pm and ate some Miniwheats with orange juice (I had run out of milk). Afterwards I watched Spanish TV for 2 hours. At 3pm I slapped on some deodorant, put on some jeans, and walked into the office. I deleted any email related to work I haven't done and then stared at my computer screen and checked email until about 4:30. Then I went to the liquor store. I got home, set up my chair by the phone, and started drinking. At 8:30 the phone rang; I answered and it was American Express. I talked to the AE lady until 8:50 or so and then she let me go. I've been enjoying a drink and checking my email ever since. Cat Power forgot my birthday again this year. We were supposed to go get ice cream, but I guess she's probably on tour.

6 Comments:

Blogger Reese said...

i didn't know you're a virgo.

we should go get drinks sometime.

9/20/2006 7:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mr Apple...the countdown for Spain is 3 days...

9/20/2006 11:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just wanna give you a hug, if i had your email i would correspond with you from spain

9/21/2006 12:07 PM  
Blogger Mr. Apple said...

reese,

I am a Virgo. Definitely up for drinks sometime...I hear poor Frank has been working the nightshift at Harvard lately.

9/21/2006 5:36 PM  
Blogger Mr. Apple said...

realistic dreamer,

What's up? You changed your name!?!?! Can I still call you cjs? I'm glad you got all your passport stuff sorted out and you get to go on your vacation. My email address is at the bottom of my blog if you want to drop me a line from sunny spain....er, at least I hope it's sunny.

9/21/2006 5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my god! I just remembered about you! And how I used to care about what you had to say! Your hiatus had lost me, but now I'm back, baby! Write on, appleton! Right on!

9/22/2006 12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home