Friday, September 22, 2006

Man, I got my new bag yesterday....

It's pumpkin-coloured and therefore a little bit gay, but of course sexuality is a beautiful spectrum of subtle shadings etc. etc. and so I won't hold it against it. So, in the past few weeks I have purchased:

1. a new laptop
2. a new wallet
3. a new bag
4. 14 40 oz. of Jack Daniels

I hate myself sometimes.

Anyway, did anybody see the article in the New York Times today about Hugo Chavez mistakenly thinking that Noam Chomsky was dead? Weird, but I was right in front of Noam Chomsky today in line at the Stata Cafe. I almost turned around and congratulated him on still being alive, but I figured he'd heard that one about a million times by that point so I just held my tongue. And, of course things are still a little bit awkward between us since that encounter in the men's room that I blogged about a while ago. Here's another weird thing, he was buying sushi at 9:30 in the morning? Huh? What a weirdo......I guess it's noon somewhere eh Mr. Chomsky?

Two random things:

1. I watched Dateline NBC tonight. They were entrapping chat room perverts by pretending to be 13 or 14 year old girls and getting them to drive over to a house where these dudes thought they were going to get it on with said underage female. Then they confronted the guys and shamed them etc.. and finally the guys get arrested by the waiting policemen. So, I know it's hard to have a ton of sympathy for a sexual predator, but Christ. I got the sense watching the show that some of those dudes would never have acted on those fantasies if they hadn't been led on and tempted and entrapped. Something about it really doesn't sit well with me.

2. Happy Rosh Hashanah to all my Jewish compadres.

3. My email address is reactivated. If your name rhymes with Gatalie Mortman or Hat Tower, please email me. I'm so very lonely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home