Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Please note the time stamp

Note the time stamp readers. It is 4:52 am right now. I have been up for 30 minutes. Soon I will go for my morning run, then I will shower, chop some wood, and volunteer at a local shelter for battered graduate students. Then I will eat breakfast and go into work, where I will be sure to not actually do any work, but rather just wander around with a self-satisified look on my face telling random people about how long I've been awake and how much I've accomplished while they were still sawing bricks in their warm houses like the worthless, lazy, wastes of space and fossil fuels that they are.

In other news, the binding model paper went out to review yesterday. Finally...all 3 papers are out of my inbox and dumped into somebody else's. Thank-you Jesus.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My new supervisor is a real jerk. He is from Harvard. He has a square head and a mean, pointy nose and black, souless dots for eyes. He is just the kind of guy this post is about. I am putting him in the mail and sending him back your way. Ask Frank if he can stay with him.
T-wrecks

12/13/2005 7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

T-Wrecks:
i know what you mean. today my supervisor made me cry. i acted all cool, dabbing at my wet eyes in as aloof a fashion as i could muster. when he looked up and said "what's wrong?" i said "my eyes hurt. i told you that is why i am wearing glasses today." He said "are you sure it's not your feelings that are hurt?" To which i replied in the coldest fashion possible, "i have no feelings."

12/13/2005 9:49 PM  
Blogger Mr. Apple said...

Dear anonymi,

The supervisor/supervisee relationship is a vicious cycle. Your supervisors treat you like shit, and then years from now, when you are doing the supervising, you unleash 15 years worth of pent-up hostility and aggression on your underlings, thereby ensuring that the cycle will continue. I urge you both to meditate and shit to get rid of all ill feelings so that the cycle is broken.

Yours,
Brother Apple

12/14/2005 8:40 AM  
Blogger Mr. Apple said...

I would like to ammend my last sentence. I wrote, "I urge you both to meditate and shit to get rid of all ill feelings so that the cycle is broken." What I meant was, "I urge you both to meditate and use other similar techniques to get rid of all ill feelings so that the cycle is broken." I didn't actually intend for you to physically shit.

12/14/2005 12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Mister Apple,

Where are you? I'm withering away here waiting for your next post.

12/16/2005 10:09 AM  
Blogger Mr. Apple said...

Dear anonymous,

Sorry, but I was briefly incarcerated this week with no access to blogging facilites. They let you check email, but that's it. The food was actually pretty good though. Anyway, I'm back now.
Yours,
Mr. Apple

12/17/2005 8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home