Monday, February 06, 2006

Progress Report

You may recall that some time ago I published a list of tasks that I resolved to accomplish during the month of January. Please find below an update on my progress:

1. cut my hair

This was accomplished, although only technically. I made a poker-related bet with a certain young lady here at school. If I finished more than 6 places ahead of her in a tournament I would cut my hair, otherwise she would dye hers. She beat me straight up. So a few days later I go to the barber and get my hair cut, but I layed on the charm and gave him my sob story and he took pity on me and basically barely touched my hair. Jen (the young lady in question) probably felt a little ripped off but she learned an important lesson: when it comes to contracts, get everything in writing......especially with unscrupulous characters like me.

2. write a review

done last week.

3. win "top overall player" in the MIT series of poker


Unfortunately I fell short here. I finished 2nd in the standings, but that's not too bad and the guy who won (beating me handily in heads-up action at the final tournament) has had an unfortunate accident with both kneecaps and all 10 fingers being broken under rather mysterious circumstances. Get well soon Scott! I'll keep your champion's seat warm for you while you're in physical therapy......

4. wink at 3 old ladies

Oh man! Done like 7 times over! I love old ladies and they love me.

5. come up with a thesis proposal

Why's everybody riding me so hard about this? Leave me alone, damn it. It'll get done as soon as I finish this hand of online poker.

6. watch more Matlock

No station shows Matlock on MIT cable. So instead I just read the scripts online.

Judge Raymond Price: Are you looking for trouble?
Ben Matlock: Trouble is a two-way street.
Judge Raymond Price: Are you threatening me?
Ben Matlock: I'm trying to do my job!

So am I Ben......so am I......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home