Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Religious Pilgrimage

Tonight I did my taxes. I'm due for a monster refund and I'm open for suggestions on how to spend it. If my calculations are correct, I've got $243 coming my way in 6-8 weeks. That is about 70 lunches at the food truck or one mammoth methamphetamine binge. I'm leaning toward the lunches right now but could probably be convinced either way.

Anyway, I just wanted to pop in to let my "millions and millions of readers worldwide" know that I will be leaving tomorrow on a religious pilgrimage until Tuesday morning and I may not be updating as much as I'd like. But don't worry, I will pop in from time to time to make sure there are no emergencies.

I'd better pack, but before I go I'd just like to mention that I know you are all hoping that the Leafs make the playoffs this year. Our Leafs are 5 points out of the last playoff spot with only 4 games left to play. As a good friend of mine might say in this situation, "LEEEEAAAAAAFFFFFS NOOOOOOOOOO!"This being a holy time of year for several world religions I think we should all try to inject a bit of spirituality and Godliness into our lives. Try saying a little prayer each night before you go to bed to ask the Lord to give big Mats the strength for more dominant 6-point games and for the rest of the boys in blue to turn in some beauty performances down the stretch. If you are an atheist, then maybe just send a thoughtful postcard or note to the team to let them know you're thinking of them.

Yours,
Mr. Apple

2 Comments:

Blogger C said...

Have a peaceful religious retreat. Stay safe, and don't do anything that I wouldn't do.

I think your money should be spent on a new haricut, and some fashionable jeans.

4/12/2006 1:49 PM  
Blogger Mr. Apple said...

Holy crap - you must be clairvoyant or something because I currently have horrible, horrible long hair and holes in my pants. I may buy the fashionable pants...but I think I need to keep the hair.

4/12/2006 4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home