Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I like to rock

Every day I rock my iPod and I rock it hard. I rock it as I strut into work in the morning and I rock it as I trot along the Charles river in the evening during my run. I rock it with quiet dignity in the supermarket frozen food aisle, and I rock it with tuneless yelping and spasmodic jerking when I am alone in the elevator. Here is a useful recipe for my world-famous "hot rock iPod parfait":

1. 4 cups of balls-out heavy metal
2. 4 cups of guitar-heavy indie rock
3. 3 cups time-tested and ripe solid gold classic rock hits (peeled and sliced)

Mix 1-3 together in a large bowl, knead into a brain-blowing, ear-shattering dough. This forms a solid base for the dish. Then add:

4. 3 teaspoons of sensitive and soulful acoustic rock for a mellow finish
5. some Elton John, Queen, and Scissor Sisters for fruity flavour
6. A dash of hip-hop (to preserve freshness, yo)

Cook and serve to a long-haired, ballcap-wearing, rocker-body having, head-banging, "18-till-I-die!" screaming skid.

G'n'F'n'R.

4 Comments:

Blogger C said...

OK, so you like all kinds of music then?

5/31/2006 5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You bear a striking resemblance to the fellow in the picture.
T

P.S. I am now the proud owner of a b-b-q - so next time you are in Ottawa you can hang in the ghetto while simultaneously eating a grilled Tofu saucisse.

5/31/2006 9:17 PM  
Blogger Mr. Apple said...

CJS - I like all kinds of music....as long as it rocks my frickin' socks off. Non-rocking snooze-music need not apply for inclusion in my iPOD playlist.

anonymous poster "T" - please cut down on tofu, you are already enough of a space cadet. I will try some BBQed alleycat or rat though. It should be easy to snag one of those, just set some snares by your back door.

6/01/2006 9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apple,

NATALIE PORTMAN UPDATE:

http://www.thesuperficial.com/2006/06/01/jake_gyllenhaal_and_natalie_po.html

Wow, you've been cuckolded by the bottom from "Brokeback Mountain". That must really smart.

Chris

6/02/2006 5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home