Monday, May 29, 2006

Tofu and I are through

Anybody else eat tofu? As most of you know, it's sort of bland and inoffensive taste-wise....and I rarely eat meat these days, so it's a good source of protein. However, tofu and I have had a loveless marriage for the past little while. Admittedly I do partake of tofu's charms daily, meager though they may be, but in return tofu expects so much of me! I get so frustrated and angry sometimes. Who is this pale, squishy bean curd that was once alluring, but is now so lumpy and unattractive? I had no idea that what was exotic and thrilling could one day become depressingly dull. The last straw came yesterday evening. I made this grain, tofu, and spinach gruel for dinner and then, being fairly pooped after a long day, I retired for the night at about 11pm. That's when tofu decided to give me the most god-awful gas you could imagine. There I lay, exhausted and yearning for peace and quiet and a good night's sleep, but would tofu let me sleep? No. Tofu bubbled and gurgled in my gut, giving me terrible and painful cramps that kept me awake. At 1am I got out of bed and turned on my computer to do a little research on tofu. Did you know that tofu is linked to dementia?!!!?!? Tofu contains phytotoxins that are a possible mechanism of loss of brain mass and cognitive function in older men who ate a lot of tofu in middle age.

That bitch has been poisoning me for a year. I called my lawyer this morning.

4 Comments:

Blogger C said...

Well...try replacing tofu with tuna.

5/29/2006 2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try making a delicious shake: silken tofu, milk, Mr. Banana and honey. Preferably you would have frozen Mr. Banana before whizzing him to pieces in your blender.
T

5/29/2006 6:20 PM  
Blogger Mr. Apple said...

I will never eat tofu again anonymous. My brain is the only investment I have made (with 29 years of school)....and tofu is worse for your brain than mercury dressing on a marijuana leaf salad.

cjs...I don't really like tuna that much...although I do like salmon...but salmon is so expensive and I am so poor.

5/30/2006 12:30 AM  
Blogger C said...

Why not eat all natural almonds...no those are expesive also. Peanut butter...eat peanut butter.

5/30/2006 12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home