Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Thank you to all anonymous posters.

Hello to all anonymous posters!
Thank you for your good luck wishes etc....
You'll be happy to know that my RQE went very smoothly today and that I passed and am now a full-fledged PhD candidate.

With that out of the way, I would now like to take a few moments to address some of the madness that has been going on around AOA the past week or so.....

Mr. Banana? Miss Cantaloupe? PROFESSOR BLOODY PRUNE?!!? I really don't know what got into me. All I can say is that the stress of my quals probably affected my decision-making processes, but let me state for the record that there is no excuse for that kind of douche-baggery. Those cutesy names and those incredibly lame posts are completely inexcusable, and I want to assure you all that as much as you may hate Mr. Apple for foisting that lameness on you, it can't possibly compare to the hatred and loathing I have for myself.

I am a worthless and terrible person...but anonymous posters, I love you all.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Mr. Apple,

You never need to apologize to us, ok? Just make sure you keep Mr. Banana locked in the basement if you have to go away for a while next time.

The Professor was a bit of a pushover too, although I don't think he would be potentially harmful to those around him (unlike Mr. Banana, who appears to be an extreme threat to others' safety) which is why I hope he has moved back to Wisconsin to be with all those famous Wisconsin Prunes.

5/18/2006 9:32 AM  
Blogger C said...

That's awesome news about your phD canditacy (is that how you spell it). That's pretty hot, men with intelligence have always done it for me. Except they never give you enough attention they're too busy working on the next best thing.

Try not to ignore Natalie, she's a keeper.

5/18/2006 10:51 AM  
Blogger Mr. Apple said...

Nick, the only one I'm keeping around is Miss Cantaloupe (aka Natalie Portman)....Banana and Prune have been, shall we say, taken care of.

cjs, thank you I am very happy to have it done with. Now I will keep my promise and propose to Miss Portman. I have been trying all morning, but haven't been able to get in touch with her. I will keep you all posted.

5/18/2006 11:37 AM  
Blogger Reese said...

congrats on passing the qual. beer this weekend?

5/18/2006 1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're welcome for the encouragement Mr. Apple. Congratulations. You are officially an egg head now.

5/18/2006 4:20 PM  
Blogger Mr. Apple said...

reese...sounds good to me.

5/18/2006 5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home