Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Happy Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day, and I would like to take a moment to single out Mother Apple for recognition. Currently she is in training for a middle-distance road race on Victoria Day weekend that she has been participating in for a number of years now. Unfortunately, she may not be having the best Mother's Day, since she's been waylayed by a muscle strain injury that has put her running on hold. My Mother's Day wish for my own mother is a speedy recovery from her injury and a personal best time in the race later this month, and I know that you, my "Millions and millions of readers worldwide", will join me in sending that wish out to mom today. I would also like to note, before I go, that Mother Apple continues a walking regimen in the face of injury to maintain cardiovascular and muscular endurance. If there's one thing Mother Apple has taught me, it's that when life gives you rotten apples, make rotten apple cider hold your nose, and drink it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Apple,
You should find a better assistant than Mr. Banana - he is a real dummy. He said today was mother's day - which gave me a coronary (given that I haven't purchased Mother Apple a gift yet). Mother's day is actually on Sunday according to my calendar. You should consider termination of Mr. Banana.
T

5/10/2006 5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Mr.Banana,
You are a stupid dummy and so is Mr. Apple for hiring you. I don't know how such a big eejit could get hired on as a senior intern.
Also, mother apple is not mexican at all. The only remotely Mexican thing she ever did was buy El Paso taco kit for supper once in awhile.

T

5/10/2006 9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home