Wednesday, May 03, 2006

It's Wonderful Being Judgemental

Often times when engaged in conversation with someone I'll offer them my opinion about what's wrong with the way they are currently comporting themselves, or give them sober advice about how they should be living their life. More often than not they react badly. "Oh, you're so judgemental!" they'll say, and storm off like a 4 year-old child leaving me standing there completely dumbfounded. Of course I'm judgemental! If you had my moral character and my deep insight into humanity and society then you'd be judgemental too.

By way of analogy, if you had money to invest and Warren Buffet, seeing that you were in posession of little to no financial sophistication, gave you some stock tips, would you get all huffy and tell him to mind his own business? No you wouldn't, would you? You would fawn over Warren Buffet and kiss his ass and beg for more stock tips. If Tiger Woods saw you hacking away in a comical manner on the golf course and offered you advice on your golf swing, would you swear at him and chase him down the fairway with your 5 iron? No, you would ask for his autograph and blush and say "aw shucks" and get your wife to take your picture together and frame it and put it on your mantle and show it to anyone who came to visit. So why, when attempting to be similarly helpful, do I get nothing but abuse? It's hard to say, but I'm not going to let it deter me from my life's work.

Here is a list of some people along with my handy (and incomplete) assessment of their flaws:

Brad Pitt: obsessed with his hair, divorced.
Paris Hilton: engaged in premarital sex (multiple offences).
Tom Cruise: scientologist.
George Bush: documented alcohol user.
Wayne Gretzky: suspected contraceptive user.
Ruth Bader-Ginsberg: nerd.
Britney Spears: nicotine addict.

Didn't make the list? Sorry, I ran out of time. But rest assured no matter who you are there is something about you that I disapprove of.

Peace and Love,
Mr. APple

12 Comments:

Blogger C said...

Mr. Apple,

Oh kind wonderous man, please access me.

Much Appreciated,
CJS

5/04/2006 1:41 PM  
Blogger Mr. Apple said...

consider yourself accessed....
-M. Pomme

5/04/2006 2:22 PM  
Blogger C said...

I'm accessed, where are the analytical words to address all of my flaws? Where are the statements of judgement?

5/04/2006 4:13 PM  
Blogger Mr. Apple said...

CJS: consumes unhealthy trans-fats. gambling addict. cruel to the elderly and infirm.

5/04/2006 10:48 PM  
Blogger C said...

Mr Apple you are so off, I had my cholesterol and fatty blood tests, and my doctor was stunned by how low my trans fat was, I gamble once a yr if even that on a lsot machine, and I quit once I win, and I love the elderly.

Your accessment saddens me.

5/05/2006 12:36 AM  
Blogger Mr. Apple said...

I notice you didn't:

a. deny that you consume unhealthy trns fats (even though superior genetics keep blood levels low)
b. deny that you gamble - a controlled addiction is still an addiction. I'm glad the GA meetings are helping you cope.
c. make any mention of your hatred for the infirm....it's easy to love a healthy old man, not so easy when he's coughing and wheezing and constantly asking you to bring him his heart medication.

quod erat demonstrandum

5/05/2006 12:50 AM  
Blogger C said...

I actually eat food low in trans fat, I'm a healthy eater.

I am not a gambler, I don't even buy lottery tickets.

I think old people are cute, even whne you're in the mall and one passes you by while passing gas I can't help but smile.

5/05/2006 10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

its the postmodern condition man.. "non-judgement" is the new judgement.

we've all been relativised to death..

nothing is right nor wrong anymore

I am NOT calling for some return to an enlightened moral high ground.. but rather, I hope to see a less fragmented subject that has a better idea of his or her place in the world - most people truely are lost in a postmodern shitstorm.

People no longer question things outside of 'the system'.. they think freedom is the freedom to choose between the commodities presented to them on tv..

its an illusion. and its all horribly calculated.

as Guy Debord said: "no REAL change can come from within the society of the spectacle"

and that's why he didn't work.. drank alot.. lived off women.. and more or less fucked the capitalist dog.

beautiful.

go on.. challenge my vauge generalization :)

5/05/2006 9:37 PM  
Blogger C said...

Dude that rocked.

5/05/2006 11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Apple,

You misspelled "judgmental".

And your fly is down.

Your judgmental cousin,
Chris

5/08/2006 1:07 PM  
Blogger Mr. Apple said...

You know what Chris? I actually suspected it was mis-spelled a few days ago and googled it....it's amazing, but the mis-spelled version is actually more popular! So I left it as is. I am nothing if not a man of the people....and lazy.

5/08/2006 1:12 PM  
Blogger Mr. Apple said...

actually....cancel that. it's not more popular. i must have been smoking crack that day.

I am a bad speller.

5/08/2006 1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home