Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The Problem with Cigars

So my experiment with cigars has taught me a few things.

First of all, cigars are big. They are not like cigarettes, since you can't duck outside for a brief smoke. They take a long ****in' time to finish. If I lived in a place that allowed me to smoke indoors this would present no problem. As it stands I'm not allowed to smoke in my apartment, so unless I'm willing to walk around for an hour smoking a goddamn cigar looking like an idiot, then I think I may have to reconsider the cigar idea. The other problem with cigars is that they are very expensive. No wonder the caricatured image of a cigar smoker is a big, fat, wealthy businessman - these are the only guys that can afford them. Actually, there's another stogie-smoking caricature: cocky asshole MBA students or young lawyers in 3-piece suits. Oh god, that's not me. No, I'm afraid I'll have to give up cigars cold turkey.

Next on the list:
1. Chewing tobacco
2. A pipe
3. Snuff

I will let you know how these work out. I'm particularly excited about the pipe. I don't know why I didn't think of this one before! Oh man - it will go so well with the tweed jacket that I'm buying.

Mr. Apple, pipe smoker. I love it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home