Tuesday, November 21, 2006

It is your duty to smoke

Link.

What is more important - individual freedom, or health and safety? I think this is actually a very profound question. I would argue that, while it is of course important to find a balanced middle ground, at the end of the day freedom is more important and freedom is currently being trampled on by shoddy science and political correctness. Have we become so precious that a bit of tobacco smoke is too much for us to handle? Must we cry and whimper to the police state if a smoker dares to light up anywhere in our general vicinity? Oh police!!!! Come ticket this nasty smoker! My asthma! My precious pink lungs!!!! Woe!

If you value personal freedom, it is your duty to enjoy the occasional smoke. I'm telling you - it is your ****ing duty. Stem the tide. This is serious. The world is full of people and institutions that want to control you and they are generally all evil. Government, religions, environmentalist whackjobs, political ideologues......they're all the same.

When government wants to limit our freedom, they should be imposed with a very heavy burden of proof that the limitation is necessary. Marginal statistical correlations regarding the health effects of second hand smoke (that might very well simply constitute noise in the data) are not enough. When did we get so compliant? Everyone should be concerned about this whether they smoke or not.

P.S. I can't sleep because hockey makes me wired.

P.P.S. I think Chan broke up with me tonight.

P.P.P.S. I think I am turning into a nutcase

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home