Monday, February 26, 2007

When I have blogger's block I find it's useful to write nonsense

So I signed up for facebook.com the other day after a friend of mine suggested it. It's a pretty useful stalking tool.....ahem, I mean it's a great way to rekindle old friendships that have fallen by the wayside.

So far I feel like a bit of a tool though. You don't realize how few friends you have until you find yourself begging some chick who TA'ed you 3 years ago to add you so you don't look like a friendless loser. Also, it's tough to pick which picture you should put up for all the people you grew up with to see. Do I go with a picture that's semi-flattering? Or does that make me look like I'm superficial and trying too hard, which would be self-defeating since it would make me a de facto loser? Maybe I should go with a group photo to make it look like I'm super fun and people want to always hang out with me? Or should I go the arty route and put up a blurry picture with my face obscured? Would that make me look like a poseur, or just gutless?

I ended up going with the photo that makes me look creepy/funny to try to make people think that I'm wacky and indifferent to how I look. But trust me, it's all calculated and phony. So sad that I'm grown man and obsessing about facebook photos.

Anyway, I'm waiting for the treadmill to open up downstairs. I'm going to play trivia in 45 minutes and some girl is hogging my treadmill. I'm going down now, and if she's not gone there's going to be hell to pay.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grown man huh? There is some wistful thinking.

2/27/2007 12:49 AM  
Blogger Mr. Apple said...

dear anonymous,

Why are you constantly riding me? I am the most mature guy you could ever care to meet and many people say I'm wise beyond my years. I wear tweed.

2/27/2007 12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um...I have to admit I'm on there too. And though my picture is pretentious--I feel it accurately displays how I feel about myself.

The question is, Mr. Apple: how do you REALLY feel about everything you are?

2/28/2007 11:41 AM  
Blogger Mr. Apple said...

I hate myself Nick...but that makes for a pretty bad picture. I am going to search for you on facebook right now....

3/02/2007 1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home