Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The Human Body is Shameful and Disgusting

Hi everybody! It's that time of year again. You know, the time of year when the weather gets nicer and the sun starts shining and all of you feel the need to start sporting sandals, short pants, bikini tops, muscle shirts, and other various and sundry warm weather clothing.

This is just a friendly reminder, before you all start stripping down to your unmentionables and parading around Massachusetts in what might as well be your birthday suit, that the human body is both disgusting and shameful. Yes, that's right. Your body is gross and it should be hidden from view. You are slowly and inexorably aging and decaying. You sweat. You breathe heavily through the mouth. You leak thick, foul-smelling protein oozings from nearly every orifice, and no matter how often you shower a positively dizzying array of bacteria, yeast, fungi, and other flora and fauna call your body their home.

Improper Summer Clothing for Men

Suitable men's summer clothing

Now, some of you are probably snapping your fingers and muttering to yourself, "I look good! I stay in shape! I'm sexy!" If you are one of these people then slap yourself in the face for me, because you are the biggest problem. You are the ones precipitating the arms race. You're the first ones "sunbathing" or roller-blading shirtless in short shorts as soon as the frost breaks, and it's because of you that others feel pressure to follow suit. Don't think that just because you got yourself a fake tan and some liposuction that your body isn't as shameful as ours, because it most assuredly is. In fact yours is more shameful because you have the audacity to advertise. A lumpy, dirty, mouth-breathing piece of meat voiding its bladder in the morning is no less loathsome because it hauls its butt to the gym 5 days a week.

Now go put some clothes on.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my! How about the pleasure of drawing/painting classes where nude bodies stand before you, their precious parts dangling within reach, being forced to examine every crevice for an hour straight? ~Ms. Smith

5/17/2007 1:09 AM  
Blogger Mr. Apple said...

Oh god Ms. Smith, you are making me ill. I would never take a class like that. Are you an artist? If so, then I hope you never had to endure a grisly display like the one you describe. That would truly be suffering for your art.

On a tangentially related note: a friend of mine went to Harvard last night for the primal scream (where they all run around naked before finals). I think that would be worse than painting a nude.

5/17/2007 11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mr. Apple,
Thanks for your support, although, I think at this point I am completely desensitized. Yes, my undergrad was in fine art. Don't worry, I noticed the “kind” words you had to share about artists on this blog. Now, not everyone fits the stereotype... Hmm, I'd have to say the old male model is worse. But, enough of this topic. ~Ms. Smith

5/21/2007 12:22 AM  
Blogger Mr. Apple said...

Oh man! What did I say about artists? I don't remember writing anything that mean. If I did I only half meant it. I reserve the lion's share of my disdain for myself, with a tiny little bit left over for jugglers.

5/21/2007 11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even more disgusting and repulsive are the mechanisms of human sexuality. Just thinking about the bulbospongiosus muscle, the enlargement of certain features of the anatomy, and certain bodily fluids erupting in a climactic manner is enough to make me gag and vomit.

-Klaus Lüst

10/03/2009 10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home