Monday, April 09, 2007

Made my first Sale

Today I sold off my huge position in Silver Wheaton (SLW) at $10.65. I bought in early January at $9.00, so after transaction costs my return was around 16%. I feel like this stock may still move higher but I sold for 2 reasons:

1. I really feel like the bottom is going to fall out of the market at some point in the near to intermediate future and the last 4% correction showed me that precious metals stocks aren't going to be insulated from any decline, so I wanted to take some profit.

2. I have watched this stock and seen it test these levels many times, and it has always fallen back once it gets near $11. I may jump back in if it goes below $10, but I'll wait and see.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What taxes to Canadian such as yourself pay on capital gains? (Same as the US?) -Jon Tyson

4/27/2007 10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home