Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Dale a tu cuerpo alegria Macarena!!!!!

Spring break!!!! Whooooo!! Jello Shooters!!!I've been at an academic retreat here in Portsmouth New Hampshire for the past 3 days, and it was just what the doctor ordered after a long semester of science and research. Yep, by the time spring break rolls around I feel burnt out from the constant science bombardment in my day to day life, and there's nothing better than getting out of the city to recharge the ol' batteries by forced and prolonged exposure to boring people talking about science.

I exaggerate. It isn't that bad.

There were some nice social events. For example, we had a dance last night. We had consumed some tequila and that stuff just makes me want to boogie! I was out on the floor just gyrating and pointing at chicks while doing this kind of crazy-legs rubber man dance. It was pretty bad ass. Then it happened:

The DJ played the "Hypnotize"/"Macarena"/"Hot in Here" trifecta.

Anyone who knows me knows that at that point I completely lost control. During the finale when Nelly sings "It's getting hot in here! So take off all your clothes!" I ripped my shirt off. Unfortunately that was about 40 seconds before hotel security shut us down because it was 12am. So the lights come on, 10 seconds later the DJ just shuts off the music in mid-stream, and I am standing in the middle of the dance floor in tan pants and loafers flossing my butt with my dress shirt. Not pretty and veeerrrrry awkward.

Hey I'm coming home to Canada this week! Get ready!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back to Canada, I know you may not be able to tell, so far, but there have been a few changes around here. For one, what you think is asphalt has actually been replaced with a durable paste formed from the bones of the deceased elderly.

Also, castration is now commonly practiced is the gradeschool choir circuit. Welcome home!

4/02/2007 9:49 AM  
Blogger Mr. Apple said...

I'm all for grinding up the bones of the deceased if it will keep taxes down.

Also, I fully support castrating grade schoolers. One of my great ambitions is to marry a woman 2/3rds my age...the less competition there is within my future bride's cohort, the better.

4/04/2007 9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home